“This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.” 2 Corinthians 9:12
In accordance with the church’s social teachings and the St. Patrick Catholic School Student Learning Expectations, all students shall be required to provide service within our local community. It is our responsibility to give back to our community with our time and talent to make a difference.
Grades K-4th will participate in projects during school hours. Grades 5th & 6th will complete five accountable hours, Grades 7th & 8th will complete ten accountable hours.
- Students need to complete at least half of their required hours in our local community volunteering their time and talents outside of our own school and parish community.
- Students may complete up to half of their required hours within our school and parish community responding to the needs of our school and parish.
- Volunteer work needs to be done without compensation.
- Volunteer work needs to be done at organizations or institutions that are considered non-profit. Favors done for neighbors even without compensation are not considered community service.
For a 2018-2019 Community Service Form click here.
- To find service opportunities in our local or parish community
- To perform the task assigned to you to the best of your ability and with a positive attitude
- Not to take on more responsibility or time commitment than you can handle
- To follow organizational policies and procedures
- To respect those confidences entrusted to you
- To account for your service hours with an authorized signature verifying all your hours worked
- To briefly describe on your service hour form the volunteer work you did
- To turn in your service hour form on or before May 19th each school year. No hours will be accepted after the due date.
St. Pat’s Angels
St. Pat’s Angels connects students volunteers and their families with those in need. It was created to help our students find ways to put their faith into action. Through local community service activities, the program provides opportunities to give back to the community. The links below provide service ideas and opportunities as well as a questionaire seeking possible charities St. Pat’s can work with. Your complete response will help us to expedite the process and is much appreciated! Click here to view YouTube video and see our students in action.
To learn more about the St. Pat’s Angels and to see what community service opportunities are available click here.
To access the St. Pat’s Angel form to propose charitable causes Click here.
For volunteer opportunities Click here.
To access the St. Pat’s Angel form to submit direct community service opportunities,
If you have any difficulty with the form or any questions, please contact us at: StPatricksAngels@gmail.com
“May the Light of Christ shine upon you.”