“This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.” 2 Corinthians 9:12
In accordance with the church’s social teachings and the St. Patrick Catholic School Student Learning Expectations, all students shall be required to provide service within our local community. It is our responsibility to give back to our community with our time and talent to make a difference.
Grades K-4th will participate in projects during school hours. Grades 5th & 6th will complete five accountable hours, Grades 7th & 8th will complete ten accountable hours.
- Students may complete their required hours within our school and or parish community responding to the needs of our school and parish.
- Volunteer work needs to be done without compensation.
- Volunteer work needs to be done at organizations or institutions that are considered non-profit. Favors done for neighbors even without compensation are not considered community service.
- To find service opportunities in our local or parish community
- To perform the task assigned to you to the best of your ability and with a positive attitude
- Not to take on more responsibility or time commitment than you can handle
- To follow organizational policies and procedures
- To respect those confidences entrusted to you
- To account for your service hours with an authorized signature verifying all your hours worked
- To briefly describe on your service hour form the volunteer work you did
- To turn in your service hour form on or before May 17, 2024. No hours will be accepted after the due date.
“May the Light of Christ shine upon you.”